Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dolphins Overpower Redskins, 20-9



I remember in 2007 the Dolphins were 1-15.  Most people remember their record.  I remember thinking that they dropped six games by 3 points.  They could have easily been 7-9.  But people only see the record and not the games.  Fast forward to this past Sunday.  Miami came into the game against the Redskins at 1-7 coming off of their first win against the Chiefs the week before.  The Dolphins had lost three of their eight games by 3 points.  Again, people only look at their record and not their games.  With guys like Yeremiah Bell, Carlos Dansby (one of my favorite players from the Cardinals), Jason Taylor, Anthony Fasano, Reggie Bush, Davone Bess and Brandon Marshall, I couldn’t figure out for the life of me, how they were 1-7.  Well I don’t have to worry about that now, because the Dolphins improve to 2-7 and look like they are a Playoff team.  Washington, on the other hand, looks like the same ol’ Redskins of the past six weeks.  And that, my friends, is not good.

Washington made the switch back to Rex Grossman, who, for all intents and purposes, was going to sling all around the field, unfortunately two key passes went to the other team.  But hey, what else is new?  One wasn’t his fault, but the other was.  John Beck either doesn’t have the arm strength or the “testicular fortitude” to throw the ball down field, and Rex has the “testicular fortitude” but he throws the ball to the other team so much I am starting to think poor Rexy is color blind.  I will give Grossman one thing, he made some throws in that game that made me think I was watching Tom Brady.  Rex has the physical tools to be a good NFL QB, but his dreams of being Brett Favre are killing Redskins Nation right now.  So where do you go from here?

Mike Shanahan flip flops almost as much as he changes QBs and RBs.  Now at 3-6 Washington is in the running for Andrew Luck.  If I am Luck I am hoping that the Redskins will win a few more games so he doesn’t come to DC.  Poor thing!!  His career would be over as fast as the commissioner could call his name.  Shanny doesn’t know how to handle QBs nor pick the talent.  Luck is talented, but would get lost here.  Please fire Shanahan.  I usually don’t call for firing the head coach.  I wanted Zorn for one more year and I wished that Coach Gibbs could have stayed longer.  But in this situation, Shanahan (both Mike and Kyle) needs to go.  If it sets us back a few more years, so be it.  This man said he picked the best players, character guys if you will, to be on this team.  I wonder if some talent went out the door too.

I was pissed off about how the Redskins lost, but I got a kick out of watching Beltsville, MD native and DeMatha High School graduate, Cameron Wake doing the “Dougie” dance on the Miami Dolphins' sidelines.  Miami is going to party a little bit tonight.  Washington is going to hang their heads for a bit, but will quickly turn their attention to the Rivalry Game coming up next week against Dallas.  That should be fun.

Had the Redskins won this game, I would have given the game ball to Leonard Hankerson for his performance in his return home to Miami.  Hankerson had 106 yds on 8 catches.  But since Miami won I am actually going to give the game ball to Matt Moore.  Moore completed 20 of 29 passes for 209 Yards.  But Moore did a good job of sticking throws when the Dolphins needed it, and doing a great job of managing the game against a stiff Redskins Defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment